The Recipe Files:
Nana's Never-Fail Waffles
submitted by jmderusha on Nov-8-11
(this recipe is good for breakfast)
(this recipe is good for children)
servings: 4 per waffle (depending on waffle iron)
310 cal., 29 g carbs. 8 g protein, 18g fat, 100 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 1 g fiber
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt
2 t. bkg. pwdr
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1) Preheat a waffle iron til really hot.
2) Seperate eggs and whip whites until soft peaks form. In a bowl, blend yolks, milk, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3) Add vegetable oil, making sure not to overmis.
4) Fold in egg whites and mix well with a fork or whisk
5) Lightly oil waffle iron. Pour in about 1/2 cup batter. Close iron and cook according to instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tip: Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer. Thats why the waffles came out so fluffy.
add a comment/rating