submitted by lauraw on Dec-31-10
(this recipe is good for lunch/dessert) (this recipe is suitable for vegetarians) servings: 16
Makes 2 crusts: One 10" and one 9" pie crust.
1 1/4 cups Brown Rice Flour
1 cup Flour, Whole Wheat*
1/2 tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Honey (or 1 egg white if you don't want a sweet crust)
1/3 cup water (plus or minus)
*May use 1/2 cup tapioca flour and another 1/2 cup brown rice flour instead of whole wheat flour.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place flours, salt, and butter in food processor and blend about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add honey and slowly add water until dough sticks together, but is not sticky.
4. On waxed paper, roll out enough for the 10" pie crust. Spray pie plate with cooking spray, or lightly oil and flour it. Invert pie plate over paper with crust and carefully turn over and set crust into pie plate.
5. Do the same for the 9" pie crust.
6. Prick with a fork in various places, then bake 10 minutes. Remove and let cool before using.
Serving Size 1 serving (31.9 g)
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.7g: 36.8% of calories
Total Carbohydrates: 16.5g: 57.4% of calories
Protein: 1.8g: 6.3% of calories
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 3%