The Recipe Files:
Fettucine With Preserved Lemon and Roasted Garlic.
submitted by sarahjane on Dec-23-04
(this recipe is good for dinner)
(this recipe is suitable for vegetarians)
servings: (not specified)
A good, simple winter dish, if you happen to be one of those virtuous people with a jar of preserved lemons in the fridge. And why shouldn't you be? Preserved lemons are ridiculously easy, and you have the further benefit of wallowing in self-satisfaction every time you look at the jar...
From The New York Times Magazine
2 heads garlic
2 tbsps olive oil
1 lb fettucine
1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan
3 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop top third off garlic heads and discard.
3. Drizzle heads with 1 tbsp of olive oil, wrap in foil and roast until garlic is very soft and golden brown - about 50 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, cool slightly, squeeze out garlic and set aside.
5. Cook fettucine until tender. Drain.
6. Meanwhile, put remaining tbsp of oil in small pan over medium-low heat.
7. Add roasted garlic and preserved lemon and cook for 1 minute.
8. Toss with drained fettucine, parmesan and parsley and pepper.
add a comment/rating