The Recipe Files:
Pasta with Swiss Chard and Gorgonzola
submitted by sarahjane on Nov-10-04
(this recipe is good for dinner)
(this recipe is suitable for vegetarians)
servings: (not specified)
From Food and Wine Magazine.
Easy and tasty.
1 1/2 lbs Swiss Chard (preferably the kind with red stems, chopped
1/2 lb Farfalle
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tbsp lemon zest strips
Salt and pepper
3 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled
1. Steam chard until tender (if you want to be really picky, cook stems first, then leaves.
2. Cook pasta.
3. In large skillet, melt oil.
4. Add lemon, garlic and cook over low heat until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
5. Add chard and stir.
6. Add cooked pasta and toss.
7. Serve, sprinkled with crumbled Gorgonzola.
add a comment/rating